My mother keeps on feeding our rotts and german short haired pointer chocolate every now and then. I have asked her to stop because I knpw that chocolate cannot fully break down in a dog’s liver and can become toxic.
She feeds them chocolate milk from her cocoa puffs, chocolate chips from cookies, and chocolate syrup from her ice cream.
Our rotts are 75 lbs and 85 and our pointer is about 50 lbs
Answer by Laurie
Make her stop doing this immediately! Small amounts of chocolate over time can add up to large amounts of chocolate. I don’t care how much they like it, she is poisoning your dogs!